Wednesday 26 March 2014

The Review || Napoleon Perdis Love Birds Collection


I was having a casual day wandering around David Jones when I first laid eyes on this gorgeous bag from Napoleon Perdis. I had to have it, just because it looked so pretty. I didn't care if the products were gross, the beauty of the bag justified the price. It's been released as a Valentine’s Day Gift Set, I know I'm a little late to write this post...

The art on the front of the bag has been done by an Australian artist, Felicia Aroney, of two Australian Fairy Wrens. It's too nice to use as a makeup bag and I would never, ever fill it! I use it as a sort of "essentials bag" as I mentioned in my “what’s in my handbag post”. It's filled with makeup bits, mints, hand sanitiser, and so on.

Included in the set is a nail polish and a lip gloss, both named White Swan. Strangely enough, the colours of the two products are quite different. The lipgloss is one which is AH-MA-ZING, in the tube it looks like a clear, pearly gloss, but it’s got a fantastic purple glow to it, very similar to the YSL Glossy Stain in Naughty Mauve. It’s a tad on the sticky side, and the lasting power isn't great, but what do you expect from a lipgloss? The nail polish is also a favourite, the colour is the most perfect lilac, really opaque and shiny. Someone asked me if my nails were shellac whilst wearing this. I've rocked it on my fingers and not suffered too badly with chipping, enough to earn a tick from me.

If you spot this set floating around on shelves anywhere, swatch the lip gloss, grab a bag and march over to the till. Or pop it into your shopping cart if you are browsing online. You won’t be disappointed. 


X Suzy 

No comments:

Post a Comment