Friday 3 January 2014

The Skincare || Super Spot Fighters


Over eating, sweet foods, drinking and laziness are all synonyms of the silly season. Unfortunately  for me, this leaves me with a number of huge spots and congested skin. Luckily, I have a pretty good spot fighting combination that dramatically reduces the size of the zit. 

First up is cleansing, the corner stone of a good skincare routine. I'm trying not to over dry my skin at the moment, and I've made the switch from the Jurlique Foaming Purifying Cleanser to the Jurlique Balancing Cleansing lotion when I'm not wearing makeup or sunscreen. The foaming cleanser still comes in handy when I need to remove makeup and SPF, however I know I should ditch it. The fact that I have two mostly full bottles of it means that it will be with me for quite some time still. 

Another step which I have found essential to combat zits is by using an exfoliating toner. The one I am currently using is the REN Clarifying Toning Lotion. This is subtle enough to use on a daily basis, and really helps to deep clean my pores, leading to clearer skin. 

Layering the spot treatments is my real secret however. After cleansing and toning, the Aesop Control Gel is applied to all my spots. Serum and moisturiser follows as per usual. Over the moisturiser I will apply more control gel and an enormous amount of the Jurlique Blemish Cream. The good thing about these two products is they will not over dry your skin so you can layer up as much as possible. On really bad spots, a tiny bit of the Jurlique Purifying Mask is applied over night, leaving me with clear(er) skin in the morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment