Saturday 30 November 2013

The Skincare || Summer Skin Saviours


I am so sorry for neglecting this blog for so long. The last three weeks I had exams, and for the next week I'm on school Prac. So I won't be able to post as often as I like for the coming week!

Summer has arrived. We seemed to have missed spring altogether, which calls for a new wardrobe of lotions and potions (and clothes!) Here is my solution to all body and face skincare dramas from pale skin and dry patches.  

Firstly, the most essential lotion for summer, sunscreens. I won't go into too much detail because I've done a post on this before, and nothing's changed. HERE it is if you’re interested.

Fake tan. I have a love hate relationship with it. When done correctly, it looks amazing. But very easily, it can look like absolutely terrible. Streaky, orangey, patchy. You name it. I also hate the smell and the sticky feel of it. But never the less, I keep applying it every summer. I have found a good one though, from a favourite brand of mine, Sukin. The organic brand has a fantastic Sunless Bronzing Gel. It's not too pongy on the nose, and is not too sticky.   Also, it's not filled with chemicals like other fake tans can be. It's quite liquid-y, which makes it easy to apply and blend. Out of the tube, it looks horrifying but once massaged in, it gives the most beautiful natural looking tan.

Next up, hair removal. My preferred method is shaving. Boring right? I follow it up with a moisturiser, namely the Sukin Body Lotion. At the moment, I'm trialling a hair inhibitor serum called Inhibitif. It supposedly prevents hair regrowth in under 2 weeks. I've only been using this for about a week, so I'll keep you updated.

I've already touched on my preferred body lotion, the Sukin Body Lotion. I use this mostly on my legs, because they tend to be especially dry. On my arms and the rest of my body I like to use the Jurlique Jasmine Body Care Lotion. This is a really light yet hydrating moisturiser which is rapidly absorbed. I usually moisturise after I've given my body a good scrub with a body brush.

My face skincare is pretty much the same all year round, if I need any more moisturising, I'll slather on the Jurlique Calendula cream (I'm a bit obsessed with this product). Occasionally I might layer an oil over the top, either rose hip oil, or the one which I'm trialling at the moment: the Jurlique Balancing Oil.

By using all the lovely products above, I'm able to prep and protect my skin all summer long. What are your summer staples?


X Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment