Friday 8 November 2013

The Review || MAC Prep and Prime BB Cream


My go to base of late is this the MAC Prep and Prime BB Cream in Light Plus. It's the perfect all-in-one for rushed winter mornings. It's worth mentioning that I put a full skincare regime in underneath my makeup - regardless. I don't believe that one cream can do everything including moisturising, blemish zapping, protecting, brightening and concealing. Sure, it may help with your skin ailments, but it should never, ever replace a good skincare routine. Strangely enough, this BB cream claims to do none of those things. It does however claim to be foundation, a primer and have SPF protection, all of which I can vouch for. This makes it the perfect base for winter in the mornings, if it were summer or I was spending more time in the sun, I would opt for an actual sunscreen. 



The coverage of this BB cream is quite heavy for a BB cream, more like a light weight foundation. I find that this is so perfect for me, it covers up all my spots, but my skin and freckles still shine through. The texture is quite thick however, which led to some problems with the application in the first place. When I first brought it, I was using just my fingers to apply it, and this was horrible! It went all patchy and clung to my eyebrows (anyone else had this problem?). Then I started experimenting with my brushes, and I have found that it's best to use a buffing brush or a kabuki brush to apply it. I tend to need a little bit more coverage on my pimples, and so I use the MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20 on top. Also, I powder my T-Zone with the Jurlique Citrus Silk Finishing Powder. Bronze up the cheeks and add some mascara and I'm good to go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment